Black dresses are always going to be part of the foundation of your wardrobe as a woman.We wear them to work, date nights, weekend events and weddings; because black is elegant and chic, good with all skin colours and all hair colours.
To pull off a black dress, regardless of who you are or how you look like, its paramount to put these six tips in mind;
1. Dress for your body type; play up your figures best asset. If you are a curvy woman then you need to purchase and wear body hugging black dresses to reveal your assets. Those with gorgeous legs, why not be daring and show a little knee? Those that have big busts, relatively small bottom can opt for a round black dress. It can either be short or slightly beyond the knees, play around with the length to dress in flawlessness.
2. Look for a dress that is practical and versatile; while buying a black dress; one has to look for a relevant dress and easily adaptive to many different functions. You can buy a dress at $200 but dress in it once. Not because you are fed up of it but its just that the dress grew irrelevant and is not flexible. .
3. Be mindful of the occasion; Office functions require a different dressing from a friends birthday party to a posh drink up. This gives direction on how much and where to buy the dress. The decency of the dress is also determined by the function; a short body hug completely lace dress does not go to an office party.
4. Do not let trends dictate your taste; following fashion trends is the way to go but this leaves peoples choices prisoner to the prevailing trends. A degree of independence is required when selecting a black dress. People forget that some trends are discriminative. In order to be unique, un-matchable and incomparable without customizing, have a taste free from the trends.
5. Add a shot of colour; absence of colour is nice but total absence of colour is risky. Add colour using silver, red so on. Buy a dress with details like pearls, lace, designs so on. This breaks the monotony of dullness and also leaves you admirable. Accessorize a black dress to fully pull out the attire without distorting it.
6. Spend wisely; not all expensive dresses are worth it and not all cheap dresses are good to go. Cheap but well accessorized dresses can look better than expensive but ugly and wrongly accessorized dresses. Do not dig your pockets too deep, always cut your coat according to your cloth. This doesnt call for the cheapest black dress, NO! Rather make sure that the dress is worth it.
Bonus:Above all, love what you are dressed in, confidence beats it all.