Sometimes, waking up early in the morning is not my favorite part of the day but with time I have learnt how to make the best out of it. Generally the way we start the day influences how we feel for the rest of the day.
Accepting and following these simple tips after waking up can change your hatred for morning hours to appreciating and loving them;
1. Take a few minutes to check in; after snoozing the alarm, don’t hurriedly jump out of bed to rush unto the next step rather take deep breathes and find something that you are grateful for. This can be your family, kids, recent achievements, education and your own beauty or anything you are proud of in life. Try to ignore the previous disappointments and concentrate on the new day. One can only do this if he/she wakes up early or sets the alarm a little earlier.
2. Always take time to pray and meditate; this can be done for some minutes just to open up your mind, yoga and a little stretching can accompany them. While doing all that, read something inspirational to send your mind to the right direction. This resets your emotions after waking from the dreams that agitated you. Having a perfect bath also soothes the body cleansing it from the nights tidiness.
3. Get clear about your intentions for the day; in order to get outcomes or results, one has to know how to achieve them. Clearly pointing out the day’s tasks and expectations and how to get them provides a compass to you. This reduces hesitancy and overcomes procrastination.
4. Before breakfast, have a large glass of water with lemon; some people have advised this glass of lemon to replace coffee. This jump starts metabolism and detoxicates the liver plus Lightening up the mood.
5. Lastly have a healthy breakfast; a high fiber breakfast that includes whole grains, fruits and low-fat protein is recommended. Fruits like carrots and bananas plus cereals. Remember breakfast is the most important meal of the day and therefore it has to be a balanced diet.