My soul and mind promptly drift away whenever I look at a great picture. My senses and body literally travel back to the time the picture was taken and then I get an attachment to its environment. Quite amazing, I have to say.
Well, I cant describe that feeling well enough but here is a chance for you to feel it by looking at some of the amazing pictures shot by Oleg Bagmutskiy, a 26 year old artistic photographer based in London, UK. He was born in Ukraine and grew up from Novosibirsk, Russia but moved to Moscow three years ago though he operates in London most of the time.
Bagmutskiy found himself loving photography on the last year of studying while at university. This all started when he bought a camera with a purpose of running his own video blog but the idea failed. He didn’t take it as a misfortune but he saw it as an opportunity to shift into taking still pictures other than videos. Since he had already bought a camera, this made it easy for him to make this transition.
With mostof his best pictures being taken in 2 minutes, Bagmutskiy describes his style of photography as something between art-fashion and fine-art.
“I am inspired by Tim Walker’s work a lot and all new things like; new faces, new locations, nature and films”, he says.
Among all other great things you should know about Bagmutskiy is that, he is not into the preparation bit of a photo shoot. He just shoots the moment and gets the perfect shot instantly.
Below are Oleg Bagmutskiy’s best 15 pictures we at Kfashionug find amazing and eye catching. He explains the story behind these amazing pictures.
1. This is Bagmutskiy’s most loved photo ever, due to people’s comments, likes and references. He says that this picture is a simple portrait that he is still trying to figure out why it’s such a popular one. He took it on 31st of March, 2013 from Novosibirsk, Russia and that was the first warm day. He went to the prom partyofOlymp Models, asked its director to give him a model then they went out to the street and just made the shot. It lasted 2 minutes.
2. Bagmutskiy took this picture when he had just moved to Moscow and it was his first December while there. One day, Bagmutskiy left the hostel (it’s on the left) and asked his roommate who was actually a dancer to surprise him and indeed the surprise came out to be great as you can see.
3. Shot from Moscow. Oleg Bagmutskiy discovered this girl called Aksena just after she put a like on his Instagram profile. He found her as a perfect model and such a marvelous girl. Bagmutskiy says that he went with this girl to the park and had a shoot. This photo shows freedom. Bagmutskiy not only loves snow but also birds, seas and mountains.
4. This picture was shot underground in Novosibirsk, Russia. It is prohibited to take pictures from there but Bagmutskiy just loves breaking rules. With this picture, its just amazing how people are sitting so calm and giving no reaction to the girl holding the rabbit inside the wagon.
5.“It was made at my countryside district. In this picture, a girl from the photo above and another one acted as my models. Actually we had the photo shoot in my neighbors abandoned house; here we see a story of two nun lesbians”, explains Bagmutskiy.
6. Autumn in Moscow, was the last photo from Bagmutskiy’s shoot in the park in 2014. He thought the shot would be quite simple, but after a post-production, he found it stunning.
7. One more shot with this amazing girl. Studio photo. The day before taking this picture, Bagmutskiy spent the whole day preparing these clouds using starch and something else. A makeup artist assisted him; tore the pillow and put the feathers up. “I love creating something unique, to make them recognize my style at once”. He says.
8. Autumn in Moscow. This is the park where Bagmutskiy used to walk around and he always wanted to take a picture from there. Misty day, running girl on the road somewhere far – that’s how he feels autumn coming. Wereally find this picture fascinating with it’s simplicity.
9. First trip to London gave Bagmutskiy this shot. The girl seen in this picture is a Storm model, the house behind – famous author’s one and the location is Chelsea. The picture is commercial and the colors are so pretty the way Bagmutskiy usually loves to create all his photos.
10.Buried in thoughts,I would call this.Itwas the first time this girl had a photo session. Bagmutskiy found a mirror in the studio as hefrequently does – where he sees trashed things and applies them to aphoto. As seen below, Oleg Bagmutskiy put both the girl and the mirror on the floor and just made a shot. It came out pretty amazing with the right message.
11. This image was taken at a construction site of a railway station in Moscow. Bagmutskiy saw a lot of railway atmosphere pictures, but nobody did this kind, where you put a model between the trains in the air. He says that this looked so cool when he was taking it and the minute they were finished, the train on the right departed.
12. The shot from Bagmutskiy’s first trip to London in Amersham. The model seen in this picture is called Katya Elizarova, a top model. The cows were pastured out and Bagmutskiy says that in his previous life he was a Druid because any order he gave to the cows, they fulfilled it immediately. He also said with a smile that as they were roaming around the hills, cows followed them everywhere. It was quite an amazing experience for him.
13. After walking around the central Moscow corners, Bagmutskiy found out a classic car model of Russian engineering and when the street wasn’t crowded, he asked the model to stand on the car and spent two minutes to create this one.
14. In this photo, Bagmutskiy took a carriage from the grocery shop, brought it to the Moscow river, put girls inside it and created another story about two lesbian friends.
15.“It was a super freezing day. The ice thickness was 5 cm max, I know this well as I laid there before I placed these guys on that ground. This picture reminds me of a shot from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind”. Says Bagmutskiy
Connect and contact Oleg Bagmutskiy from
DID YOU LIKE THIS ARTICLE? COMMENT BELOW & SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS. THANKS!